Ground Breaking News! For the first time in the history of the Kora Cycling Challenge, the event is insured, in partnership with the wonderful and advance thinking management of Himalayan General Insurance! This is fantastic and has never happened before in an event of this scale.
So important to note is the following:-
1. If you are not registered for the event by 18th July 2019, you are not insured.
2. Please read the fine print below – important to do that with any insurance cover.
THE FINE PRINT:
GROUP PERSONAL ACCIDENT (GPA) INSURANCE for Kathmandu KORA Cycling Challenge
The scope of the policy:
This Group Personal Accident Insurance policy is for the Kathmandu KORA cycling challenge event day only that is 20th July, 2019 where Himalayan General Insurance Co. Ltd. agrees to compensate the Insured as per the coverage, and benefits mentioned in the Policy Schedule.
The below stated coverage and benefits are applied for those participants only who have official registered with KORA Cycling Challenge Event. The name of the participants should be mentioned in the participants list provided by KORA Cycling Challenge Organizer. The policy covers:
- Death and Disablement caused by accident while participating in KORA Cycling Challenge during the cycle ride
- The accident should be verified by the event’s first responder medical team arranged by the Organizer.
- Extended coverage of riot, strike, malicious act and terrorism risk
Sum insured amount is NPR 250,000 (Two Lakhs Fifty Thousand rupees only)
- In case of Death : 100% of Sum Insured (i.e. NPR 250,000)
- Permanent Total Disablement: 100% of Sum Insured (i.e. NPR 250,000)
- Permanent Partial Disablement: depends on the level of Partial Disablement(Percentage basis)
- Accidental medical benefits : up to NPR 25,000 only (Twenty Five Thousand rupees only)
- This policy is for KORA Cycling Challenge event only for a day i.e. for 20th July, 2019
- Compulsory excess Rs. 2,000/- per person per accident
- Age limit maximum up to 60 years only
- Accident: shall mean a sudden and unforeseen event caused by external, violent, visible means.
- Permanent total disablement: shall mean the situation that the Insured is unable to engage in any income generating profession or business for life long. In case of uncertainty of recovery, if the insured is permanently total disabled for 365 days from accident date, it will be considered as permanent total disable forever.
- Full irrecoverable loss of vision of eyes: shall mean loss of vision of the insured being certified by the registered Ophthalmologist. In case of uncertainty of recovery, if the insured is permanently total disabled for 365 days from accident date, it will be considered as permanent total disable forever.
- Physical disability: shall mean the permanent total disablement of the part of the body as a result of impairment due to accident, which is being certified by the specialist physician. In case of uncertainty of recovery, if the insured is permanently total disabled for 365 days from accident date, it will be considered as permanent total disable forever.
- Any other disabilities: shall mean, besides from benefit (B) and (C) mentioned in the table of benefits, the other permanent total disablement of the part of the body as a result of impairment due to accident, which is being certified by the specialist physician. In case of uncertainty of recovery, if the insured is permanently total disabled for 365 days from accident date, it will be considered as permanent total disable forever.
- Reasonable and necessarily incurred medical expenses: shall mean the actual cost incurred for the treatment of insured for injury as a result of accident, which should not be more than the prevailing rates at the place of treatment.
- Group Risk: shall mean accident caused by riot strike, malicious act, sabotage and terrorism.
Exceptions (Conditions under which the accident is not covered by the policy):
- Self inflicted injuries.
- Suicide or any attempt to suicide.
- Alcoholism or intoxication of drugs.
- Flying other than a regular passenger in aircraft.
- Mental disorder.
- Breaching of any law.
- Nervous breakdown, injuries to nerves or hypertension.
- Involving in dangerous activity, except in case of protection of human life.
- Liability of the participants, volunteers or organizer is not covered in this policy
Conditions for claim settlement:
- Insured shall inform the Insurer in writing about the accident that may rise the claim within 35days of accident and shall assist the insurer by provide details of accident.
- Unless the insured submits the documents evident to accident, the insurer will not settle the claims.
- In case of death of insured person due to an accident, should submit the post mortem report, the Police Report ,
- In case of Injury, Emergency Medical Report/Prescription, other reports and cash bills should be submitted.
- In course of claims process, if necessary, the insurer may examine the insured at own cost.
- The policy expires on the date mentioned in the schedule at 12.00 midnight.
- Insurer will not pay any claims if the policy is obtained by the insured with wrong information or un-disclosure of material facts or breaches the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Insurer shall not be liable to pay for any fraudulent claims.
- Any communication should be made in written.